WhatsApp as a popular cross-platform mobile messaging program which allows you to exchange messages. You can have group chats, send photos, videos and some important documents, share locations. It is easy and convenient to get in touch with your family and friends. With the superior functions, WhatsApp now has attracted more and more Samsung galaxy users, some users encounter a problem that they lost their WhatsApp Messages but do not know how to restore. This article is to show you two ways.
Part 1: Restore WhatsApp Chat History on Samsung with Backup
WhatsApp makes a backup of it data every day at 4 AM and stores the backup file on your Samsung Galaxy phone automatically. With the backup file, you can restore WhatsApp messages directly.
A. Recover WhatsApp messages you lost less than seven days.
– Uninstall WhatsApp
– Reinstall WhatsApp
– Run WhatsApp and follow the step by step guide to verify your phone number.
– Choose the latest backup file to restore when the “Restore” button is prompted.
B. Recover WhatsApp messages you lost over seven days.
– Uninstall WhatsApp
– Go to backup folder, the default path is: /sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases.
– Rename “msgstore.db.crypt’’ to ‘’newestmsgstore.db.crypt’’, in case your latest message backup getting lost.
– Select the backup file that you want to restore. Rename it from “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt8” to “msgstore.db.crypt”.
– Reinstall WhatsApp. Finally click Restore.
Part 2: Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages from Samsung Galaxy without Backup
If you lost some very important whatsApp Messages without any backups, how can you get them back? Don’t worry. This Samsung Data Recovery program will help you.
The program is compatible with almost all Samsung smart phones such as Samsung Galaxy S6/S6EdgeS5/S4/S3/S2/S, Samsung Galaxy Note 5/4/3/2. Meanwhile, it supports many other Android phone brands, like HTC, Motorola, Sony, LG, Google, etc.
Steps to Retrieve Lost WhatsApp Messages:
– Install and run the program.
– Enable USB debugging on your Samsung mobile phone and connect it to computer.
– Select ‘’WhatsApp’’on the product interface and the program will start to identify your phone. After that, click ‘’start’’ to scan.
– Preview the WhatsAPP messages and attachment in the scan result. Choose those you need and click ‘’Recover’’.
Why not try it now? With this Samsung Data Recovery program, you can get your WhatsApp messages back simply and get your good memory back happily.